1. Open Marquee Wedding, Lamont’s Bishops House (Perth, WA)
That floral arbour was the defining statement piece of the entire day.
Marquee weddings are one of our favourite types of weddings, mostly because they’re rare.
Things You Should Consider ‘Copying’ For Your Own Wedding:
1. Choose a wedding venue that can host both your wedding ceremony and wedding reception. From a styling point of view, it reduces the need to transport items and this means that your styling team has more time to dedicate to making your reception and ceremony one to remember. What this means also is that you’ll get amazing photographs of it.
2. Consider using long tables instead of the traditional round tables.
3. Receptions under the night sky rock! They do carry a huge element of risk when the weather decides to be ‘funny’. This is why Lamont’s Bishops House has a permanent marquee fixture that can have the side and roof removed. It’s pretty awesome!
4. Be bold. Shir Leen loves pink and she told her florist that she wanted pops of pink throughout her wedding. We think A Little Bohemia did a kick-ass job at incorporating Shir Leen’s request. Seriously, that arbour! LOVE!
5. Hire the right photography + video cream. Shameless plug alert! Haha. No, seriously. This reception was difficult to photography and film because there was little to no available light. When looking for a wedding photographer, definitely look for examples where they have produced amazing results from dimly lit situations. Anyone can take decent photos in good light – this is why so little wedding photographers showcase images from the reception. We’re not afraid because we ROCK them.
So this concludes our editorial feature ‘5 Beautiful Weddings That You Should Copy’.
We trust that it has been inspirational.
We’d love to hear from you if you’re getting married and want the best wedding photos and wedding films to relive your wedding day memories.
Click here to see a full list of vendor credits featured in this editorial piece.